Shimba Hills Reserve&Mwaluganje Elephant Sanctuary Safari
The Mwaluganje Elephant Sanctuary is the place to be if you want to see herd’s of Kenya’s big tusks up close. On the other hand the Shimba Hills National Reserve holds one of the largest areas of coastal rain forest in East Africa and has black elephants, saddle antelopes and buffalos can be sited combined with a trip down to the famed Sheldrick falls found within the Shimba National Reserve.
Day 1: Mombasa - Shimba Hills Reserve
Depart from your hotel and drive to Shimba Hills Park just 45 Kms from Mombasa. Game drive in this rainforest national reserve to see elephants, giraffes, buffalo’s baboons, gazelles,
the rare sable antelopes and also enjoy the flora and fauna of the park including different species of birds. You will also have a chance to visit the Sheldrick Falls optional) recommended for those
who are physically fit. Lunch will be at Shimba Hills Tree lodge set in the middle of tropical rain forest. After lunch at leisure at the lodge.
Afternoon safari game drive in the Shimba Hills National Reserve from 4pm. Dinner and Overnight at Shimba Hills lodge. The lodge has a waterhole visited by nocturnal mammals at night and by day animals come to drink water and fish eagles on prey.
Day 2: Shimba Hills- Mwaluganje Elephant Sanctuary - Mombasa
After breakfast leave Shimba Hills Park for Mwaluganje Elephant Sanctuary. The Mwaluganje Elephant Sanctuary is a community owned elephant park- a conservation area for elephants a few kilometers from Shimba hills.
You will have a game drive in the sanctuary to see elephants, warthogs and the elephant trails paths from the Shimba hills. After game drive return to Mombasa arriving by lunch time. You can also have your lunch at Mwaluganje Elephant Camp and leave after lunch (optional). End of safari.
Included Safari Features:
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari.
- Meal plan as described, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner.
- Accommodation in double/twin/triple room sharing.
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes and service of an English, French or Germany speaking professional driver/guide.
- Game drives as detailed in the itinerary
- Exclusive transport in a safari tour mini bus 4 x 4 with a game viewing roof hatch and UHF radio.
Excluded Safari Features :
- Gratuity for Porterage / waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- Items of a personal nature
For bookings and reservations contact
Mzinyi Tours and Safaris
Booking Office Tel: + 254 (0) 412316811
Mobile : 0733229133, 0726492630 -Kenya